Golf is an open-air sport and is always exposed to the weather. Of course, you may be surprised by a rain shower in the middle of the best game. If the rain is only light to moderate, the golf umbrella is the best choice. The shape, colour and functionality are optimally adapted to the needs of a golfer, so that you stay dry during the tee-off. The umbrellas are stable, are made quite large and can be fixed on the trolley. This way, bag and club are protected from moisture at the same time. Only in heavy rain and thunderstorms should you leave the course as soon as possible to avoid being struck by lightning. In the following sections we will take a closer look at the features of the golf umbrella.
Size and processing
A golf umbrella is in most cases available as a stick umbrella. It is characterized by its robust and stable processing.
- The shaft is often made of graphite or fibreglass to make the model not only light but also lightning proof.
- The struts are firmly connected and hardly bend.
- Due to its stability and a special ventilation system, it can withstand even wind influences on the green. Two layers of fabric lie on top of each other in such a way that the storm enters the glider but does not bend it.
- The straight handle allows you to easily attach the umbrella to the trolley, so that your equipment is protected from wetness and moisture. Some manufacturers have even developed their own handle or use a suitable adapter. If your trolley even has a seat, you position yourself under your umbrella to wait for the next tee.
Golf umbrellas are therefore stable, storm-proof and also easy to handle. However, a certain size of more than 120-150cm in diameter also belongs to the special construction. You have space underneath for your next tee shot. The fabric is partially impregnated and dries quickly again. It is also robust and can be cleaned again with a damp cloth.
Special features – with automatic opening and sun protection
Compared to a standard model, the golf umbrella has some special features that golfers can hardly do without. At first sight these things are sometimes not visible, but they are quite practical on the golf course.
- UV-protection: A golf umbrella not only protects you from rain or shows itself storm-proof. It is also a valuable provider of shade in summer. After all, golf courses are quite extensive and offer little shade. A special UV protection in the fabric gives you more security in direct sunlight.
- Automatic opening: The product must be able to be opened quickly, safely and easily. Here, an automatic system at the touch of a button is the ideal solution. You operate the button with just one finger and the umbrella opens in seconds.
- Non-slip handle: The handle is made straight for better fastening. However, it should be made of a non-slip or rubberised material so that you can hold it comfortably in your hand even in strong winds.
G4Free 54/62/68 – Best Golf Umbrella
- Lightweight & Durable
- Outstanding Protection from Wind, Rain and Sun
- Good for Wedding
- Weak spokes
The handle is comfortably designed and there is an automatic opening mechanism. At the touch of a button, you’ll be dry. Ribs and tips are made of flexible and durable fiberglass. The rod is made of hardened stainless steel and coated with black resin. According to different opinions, customers are convinced of the good quality and the favorable price. Only with the holder on the trolley, there were some points of criticism.
Customer tips – care and storage
A golf umbrella must meet many criteria. Firstly, it should be easy to transport and stow in the golf bag. In addition, it must also offer sufficient protection when stretched out and allow you enough room to move. Some customers therefore prefer a golf umbrella with a shorter shaft. It is easy to handle and easier to store in the golf bag. However, if you want to attach this umbrella to the trolley, you will need an extension. Depending on the manufacturer these extensions are easy to get. So decide for yourself how much space you have left.
A robust and storm-proof golf umbrella belongs in every golf bag. After all, you want to enjoy your game on the green even in inconsistent weather. Whether as a stylish and rather inconspicuous accessory or as a practical advertising medium – the golf umbrella offers many possibilities of use. Not only does it protect you from wind and rain, its UV protection makes it an indispensable shade in summer.
Important features of such an umbrella are its permeability to wind and its stable construction. In addition, the models offer a very wide span and can be easily attached to the trolley thanks to the straight handle.
Nevertheless you should always pay attention to a good quality of workmanship.