What are beach umbrellas?
A beach umbrella is a large portable umbrella that can provide shade and protection from the sun. With it you can do outdoor activities more pleasantly because of the sun protection it provides, so it is a must have one for any avid beach and pool visitor.
What should we consider when choosing a beach umbrella?
- Size. The bigger it is, obviously, the more shade it will provide. In this comparison there are models with diameters ranging from 160 to 210 cm in diameter. It is up to you to evaluate and choose the one that best suits the needs of each person or each family.
- Materials. We advise you to look for parasols whose skeleton (pole and sticks) is made of aluminium or steel. Both are resistant, but aluminium is much lighter. As for the fabric, it is usually Oxford or polyester. These fabrics are opaque and highly resistant to pulling and tearing. In addition, and generally, they maintain the color well after long expositions to the sun.
- Sun protection. The fabric, for better function, should be coated with a UV protection filter. In this comparison there are models with SPF 30, 50 and total protection, which is the most recommended.
- Anchorage. This is usually the most cumbersome action and, therefore, an important aspect to take into account. Think about where you want to use it: on the beach, in the garden or both. The spiral models are the ones recommended for the beach, while the smooth ones are designed to be introduced into the soil or in the garden.
- Weight and folding. You probably have to walk a few meters to get to the beach or the pool. Therefore, it is advisable to choose a lightweight umbrella that folds as much as possible. All models include a carrying bag with a handle for easy loading. Classic parasols, shelter type, windproof, with ventilation systems and reclining. Below, we will tell you about its features so that you can decide which one suits your needs and for a price that does not exceed 70 euros.
How much money should I spend on my beach umbrella?
With so many options available, choosing the best available option is not always easy. Where you plan to use your umbrella and where people will use it are good indicators to guide you on how much you want to spend.
- Cheaper beach umbrellas (less than $40) – These are models that while they may provide comfort, they do not always have the latest materials or guarantee you total protection.
- Better quality beach umbrellas (over 40 euros) – You can find a variety of products above this price, are usually made with higher quality materials and give you a much longer life and better features.
How to use a beach umbrella?
It is always good to take into account certain recommendations to use the product and specifically a long life.
- Check – Start by checking the umbrella to see if everything is in good condition.
- Hollow – Make a small hole and insert the umbrella tube at a slight angle.
- Lever – Now, without removing the tube from the sand, move it in a lever shape several times so that it is well buried.
- Open – When it feels firm, cover the hole with sand and open the umbrella.
Enjoy – Done, now you can enjoy the beach in a shady place.
Top brands of beach umbrellas
If you are looking for information on the best brands, look no further, here are the best by far:
- SKLZ – Brand producing articles for different sports and outdoor activities. It has quality products for all tastes. Their Sport-Bella umbrella is one of the most popular on the market.
- Tommy Bahama – Brand recognized worldwide for its unmistakable beach designs and excellent quality. They manufacture everything from sportswear to household items.
- Crevicosta – With a very good quality-price ratio, you can’t miss all the products for outdoor activities and home, that this brand has to offer.
- Sorara – Brand with products for the patio and outdoors with premium quality. Don’t forget to check out the different parasols it has in its catalogue.
Advantages of using a beach umbrella – what are its strengths?
Having this product can change your life, if you do not know how we leave some advantages for you to know.
What are the advantages of using a sunshade? The advantages are:
- Essential to protect you from harmful UVA and UVB rays during beach outings.
- They are perfect to keep you comfortable and in the shade while you enjoy the beach.
- If it suddenly starts raining, the sunshade will keep you dry and protected.
- If you are on a busy beach, you can easily locate your companions by the characteristics of the umbrella.